Thursday, February 12, 2009

Nursery

So, I've never had a nursery for any of my kids before. We have always been in rental places until now. I guess you could say I went a little overboard, but it has been a fun treat for me (I mean for Emmett) to have a cute, fun nursery.

The green walls didn't quite end up the green I was looking for, but after trying 2 different shades, this is the one that got to stay.

Here is our "miracle" crib. This crib was left on our doorstep in Provo by some guy who had been paid $20 to deliver it to us. I still remember that night - I was pregnant with Ethan, we were both in school and were studying for finals at that very moment that the doorbell rang. To this day we don't know who left this crib for us (we have our guesses) but we hope to reciprocate this kind deed someday.
This crib has lasted us through all 4 kids and we cherish all the memories we have had around this crib.

Emmett trying out his changing table. My favorite part of this set up is having the diapers hanging on the wall, who would have ever thought???

I'm sure I spent way too much on Emmett's room, but I was a little excited!!! And thanks to my mom and mother in law, I was able to get a few more acessories that went with this super adorable bed set.

And this did NOT come with the crib set. My mother-in-law made this INCREDIBLE quilt!!! She had called and asked what crib set we got and I told her. I seemed like only a week (maybe 2 weeks) later I got this in the mail. The picture doesn't even come close to doing it justice. This quilt is WONDERFUL!!! The fabrics she chose are perfect and she quilted each of the different fabrics differently. The fabric with the circles were quilted in circles around the circles. It is just amazing and something that Emmett and I will always cherish.
Thank you SO Much to my wonderful, amazing and talented mother-in-law.

6 comments:

Bowen Family said...

Good for you! Every mother deserves a nursery of her choice!! It's absolutely darling. I love the green and I love the little brown monkeys! You did a great job! Emmett is absolutely darling!

cindave said...

i'm so impressed and so jealous. we are still playing the renting game, and i have never had a cute nursery to decorate. my mom just made some curtains, which helps, but i just want to paint some walls! and i loved the story of your miracle crib. we had some experiences like that when we were poor, out of work, and had a 2 week old baby in orem.

Jennifer Kendall said...

How fun... it seems that now that hubbies are out of school our newest babies will be raised a little differntly than our older ones. His nursery is soooo stinking cute!

Kirsten said...

I love it Melinda! You did such a cute job and you deserve it! Emmett deserves it too! ;-) I LOVE the quilt...it is so cute and you have a talented family!!! I miss you guys and can't wait to see you!!!

Becky said...

It's so cute. I'm so glad that you finally got to go all out for one of your kids. It's so fun to have a cute nursery. Can't wait to see that little guy in a month.

Lisa said...

Yay, I'm glad you finally got to splurge. It is all so cute and that quilt is amazing!