Our front door and the door to the garage both stay locked when you open them unless you manually turn the lock to unlock. So, the kids (and occasionally us) get locked out from time to time.
Sunday morning at 8 a.m. I was still in bed (since I wasn't planning on going to church) and Nate had just gotten out of the shower when we hear the doorbell ring. I thought who in the world is here this time in the morning and on a Sunday. So, I get up and go answer the door only to find Luke standing there. Remember it isn't uncommon for the kids to get locked out so I didn't think too much of it.
Well, a few minutes later Ethan comes up to me and tells me about how he and Luke had gotten locked in the garage.
Here is how the story went: Ethan said they were playing in the garage (I have no idea why - it is freezing out there) and they tried to go inside but the door was locked. They started to get scared and didn't know what to do. So, they said a prayer. It was after they said the prayer that they noticed the door on the side of the garage that goes to the outside. They unlocked the door and Luke went around to the front door and rang the doorbell. When I let him inside, he went to the garage door and let Ethan in. Luke didn't say anything to me about them being locked out.
It made me feel really good that they thought about saying a prayer when they didn't know what else to do. Ah, the faith of a little child. The funny part is that we have a garage door opener on the wall inside the garage that they both push to open the garage door numerous times every week. I guess they forgot about that option.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sometimes it is about the lessons they need to learn and I believe if they know the prayer one, they can never go wrong in life. I am always amazed about how quickly the kids' prayers are answered. Heavenly Father really is a constant "life line". That was a sweet story. I am glad they were safe and weren't out there all night!
P.S. Great job of the kids pictures! Did you get back drops!??! I am sooo wanting that lense that Summer had now...I am saving up for it!!!
Post a Comment