Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Fun Week with Family

Nate's parents and a brother and sister came to visit us for a week. We had lots of fun and took TONS of pictures.

This sets a new record for my longest post ever. We just had SO Much fun I had to include all these pictures.

Nauvoo


We started off the week by meeting the travelers in Nauvoo. We got to do a session at the temple and then walked around and saw a few of the sites.

Of course the first stop was the blacksmith shop to get our "Prairie Diamonds."



How many cute little girls can fit in one small umbrella stroller????
The temple is SO BEAUTIFUL we had to get some pictures posing in front.
Mom and Dad



Jet and girls Chris and Fam


and us

Carthage

We pulled into Carthage at 4:45 p.m. and they closed at 5 p.m. The lady there was nice to let us join the end of the tour.


Here are Luke, Kristal and Ethan in "jail."


I thought this picture of Jeana was just so sweet.

The cousins minus Emmett.
The girls just couldn't resist this dirt...
Emmett's Blessing
We got home from Nauvoo Saturday night and got up early Sunday for Emmett's special day. It was so great to have so much family here to be with us. We love Emmett tons and he has been and is a GREAT BLESSING in our lives.

Nate's parents

My mom and step dad

My dad and Emmett's namesake
All the kids with Emmett
All our family that was able to make it for Emmett's blessing.


Ethan is such a great brother to Emmett and a wonderful helper. I love that Ethan loves to hold Emmett and have his picture taken with him.

Well you can't get a perfect picture every time......
The proud parents
Our newest family picture


I was trying to get some cute pictures of Emmett in his blessing outfit and Luke was so cute. He came over and was trying to help me get Emmett to smile.
He is such a sweet little boy and a great big brother. I just love Luke's cute, cute smile!!!!

Here is my attempt to get a few pictures of this cute little guy in his blessing outfit...
Spoiling Emmett
So, these next pictures will do wonders in explaining why it has been so hard to get Emmett to fall asleep on his own and not neet to be held all day long.... (ok, so it's not only our guests' fault - we all LOVE holding Emmett too and spoil him with our fighting over who's turn it is to hold him)

Just Good Old Cousin Fun


































Duck, Duck Goose on the Teeter Totter
FHE fun - battle with Goliath
We saw this awesome double rainbow. It was so fun - I don't know if I've ever seen a double rainbow before.
Boys' Project
Nate has been making these pop can cooking stoves with his young men at church in preparation for a back packing hike they will be going on. So, her got out his stuff and ssssucked his brother and dad into making some.

They each made one and then tested them out to see whose could boil water the fastest.
Lincoln Museum

Here we all are with the Lincoln family.
This museum is truly amazing. I learned so much and the interactive movies they have there and incredible. I highly recommend this to anyone who will be in this area.

Those cute girls got all tuckered out.

Linz and Makall

Jennett had to head home and so I sent the boys to school at the end of the week. That left just the little girls home together all day.
These two girls are SO CUTE together. It was so fun to see them interact and play together. These are just random pictures of the fun things they did together while the big boys were at school.





We had fun with Rylee too
The girls took advantage of the boys being gone by exploring Ethan's top bunk.
Of course they had to play dress up
Luke was so cute with Rylee. He didn't want to go to bed Thursday night because he was playing with Rylee. He was chasing her and making her laugh and it was just precious.
Chris and his cute girls
Grandma with three little cuties
I tried to capture Emmett's cute little smile. Not the best, but still CUTE
Just a cutie
Singin' in the rain

Bike Ride
Nate and Chris took the girls (and Ethan and Luke on their bikes) on a short bike ride. They were so cute and they LOVED it.

Date Night
Nate's parents were so kind as to watch all 6 kids so we and Chris & Kristal could go on a little date. We took them to one of our favorite restaurants here in town. It was so fun!!!
So Sad To Say Goodbye


We had so much fun, thanks guys for coming out, you are welcome again anytime.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Those pictures of Emmett's blessing are so cute. I loved the black and white. I can't wait to see the little guy!

CamilleJohnFam said...

I love your family pictures! What a great family you have! I'm glad you got to share some time with them!