Today has been quite the day. Ethan has been home from school sick all week and Luke and Linz both woke up with fevers today. Emmett also has a fever. Nate and I have been feeling not so wonderful as well - we are just one sick family. We all have this awful cough and overall just yuck feeling. This really has been the first time ANY of us have been sick so far this winter, so really I can't complain too much.
So, Emmett's echocardiogram was scheduled for today and I have been wondering how it would go and I didn't want to reschedule so I hauled four sick kids to the hospital for his echo test today.
I bribed and pleaded with the kids to be on their BEST behavior and I couldn't have been more pleased with how they were at the hospital. The last 2 echo tests I got in and our fairly quickly. But, of course the time I show up with 4 kids, they take 2 1/2 hours to get us in and out. Even with the length of our time at the hospital, the kids did awesome.
I think Ethan is getting over his illness (I am hoping he can go to school tomorrow) Linz and Luke both still feel really warm so they may be staying home another day or two. The best part of today (for Nate) was that I was even in a good mood when he got home from work today. I know, I even surprised myself - 4 sick kids, one sick mom, a 2 1/2 hour doctor appointment with 4 kids, home alone all day with said 4 sick kids and I was in a good mood tonight. I'm still not sure how I managed to pull this one off, but I'll take it for now.
I am truly blessed with wonderful kids and one AMAZING husband - that is how I get through this all and love every day I have with my forever family!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is rough!!! Many people in Columbus have been dealing with that same sickness...tired, droopy eyes and fevers. Brynlee has had it for five days now. I feel for you!!!!
You do have great kids and you are doing an awesome job! Keep up the great work....
Next post you need to give is a tutorial on newborn pictures!!!
I'm sorry you have been so sick and I just have to say WOW--you are brave for taking 4 kids into the hospital! Good job! You get golden stars! Cute baby!
Wow, in a good mood after your day? Good for you!!! I hope you all get well soon! Your baby is super cute! Congratulations.
Post a Comment