Monday, March 2, 2009

Swaddler

My got me this swaddler thing when she came down to help with Emmett. I have never had one of these before.

I didn't do much right when Ethan was a baby and I didn't swaddle Luke either. I swaddled Linz just with a blanket and now I use this with Emmett.

Can I just say that this thing is WONDERFUL!!!!!!

I HIGHLY recommend one of these to anyone having a baby. I have LOVED it SO much. I used it almost all day the first few days of Emmett's life. Now I only use it at night. I keep him all swaddled up while I feed him in the middle of the night. There has only been one night where Emmett hasn't gone right back to sleep after eating and that was the first night home from the hospital. (It seems like that is the norm with my kids though.)

I don't know if he is just a good kid and has the whole night/day thing figured out or if is this swaddler thing. I really think it helps to have him swaddled up - I've heard of lots of people doing this with their new babies so I thought I'd try it out on kid #4.

I know it looks like torture for the kid, but they really do like it and I think it helps them stay calm and sleep better and longer. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT. You should try it out on your next kid!!!!

8 comments:

Andrea said...

We used one of these with Tori because she was SO squirmy that she would get out of EVERY good swaddle! Then she would get cold! I LOVED this thing...since she was a summer baby we had the thinner cotton one. When she got a little older she didn't like to have her hands in it. We started just swaddling her with it under her armpits...it still worked GREAT!

Bowen Family said...

Maybe it's a 4th child, blonde thing! Kate loved, loved, loved being swaddled. Hannah absolutely hated it - from day one! (Although Kate was born in January and Hannah was born in July. I wouldn't want to be swaddled in July either!)

Becky said...

We swaddled Celeste and she never got her days and nights messed up. She always went right back to sleep after eating. Not sure if it was the swaddling or just my angelic baby. We didn't stop until she got too long for swaddler blankets and receiving blankets (maybe around 5 months). Love them too.

Glenn and Natalie said...

He is adorable, that last picture is so sweet! Glad to hear that he is sleeping so well--I wish I had used one of those 7 years ago with Angie!

Kirsten said...

I can't get over how cute he is!!! When did you get all the lights?!!?! I am so jealous!! ;-) In a good way. Your pictures look professional!! What lens are you using? I can't wait to see your house and set up someday! We miss you guys and I wish we could come meet Emmett. Maybe we could come and visit one weekend over the summer or meet somewhere (camping?). Hailey's been talking a lot about Lindsey lately and I know the kids would love to see yours.
Anyway, Emmett is darling and you are capturing him so well as a newborn!

Harada's said...

A friend just gave me one of these right before our baby Kai was born and, I am also so in love with it!! Kai has slept so great and he cant squirm out of it like a regular blanket.
Your kids are so cute!

USForeignRelationsEditor said...

Melinda, do you have your own studio?! These pictures are great!

Heather Brinkerhoff said...

he's looking so stinkin cute! You do a great job with the pictures. The coloring is amazing. Where does one find one of these amazing swaddlers? I'm thinking I'm in need of one in a few months!