Saturday, March 29, 2008

YouTube

So, my 6 year old is officially now an internet surfer. His favorite thing to do lately has been to get online and play around with Google Earth. He always asks if he can get on Google Earth.

Well, the other day I heard something unusual on the computer and I looked at the screen only to see YouTube on. I asked all the adults if they had turned it on for Ethan and they all said no.

In the past, occasionally Nate would watch some funny videos with the boys on YouTube. It has been months since Nate has done this with the kids. Apparently Ethan remembered what great fun that was and wanted to watch some more. He, being the smart kid that he is, already know how to use google to find anything on the internet. He has looked up Captain Underpants, Hot Wheels and a number of other websites by searching in google. So, he opened up Google, typed in funny videos and, of course, was taken to YouTube.

Uncle Chris got on to help monitor what Ethan was looking up and they found some fun Weird Al songs. And now that is Ethan's new favorite thing to do. He has to ask now to get on the internet, kind of scary to think what he could find on there (I know it's all innocent now, but...) So, Ethan gets on You Tube and watches Weird Al videos whenever I am not on the computer. I'm serious, her literally jumps into the seat the second I get up.

No comments: