
I had high hopes of completing many projects while in Idaho; unfortunately (but thankfully) this is the only project I was able to work on. I got this idea from my friend Jeannette Bowen (thank you so much, I just LOVE it!!!) and decided to make this quilt for Nate for his graduation from The Ohio State University. My absolute favorite part of this quilt is the embroidering on the black sashing, once again thank you Jeannette for that great idea. Around the whole border, I embroidered all our wonderful memories from here in Ohio. I started off quite sneaky and Nate didn't know I was even working on anything; but then I started feeling the time crunch and the boys found out what I was working on. Of course the first thing they said when Nate got home that day was, "dad, you can't go upstairs." And that was the end of my hopes of finishing this without Nate knowing.
I, with TONS of help from my incredibly talented, patient and wonderful mother-in-law, was able to finish this quilt before we left Idaho. I decided to give this to Nate before we left Idaho so it could be from his mom and me, since she helped me so much with it. That actually turned out to be a good thing, so then I could explain to Nate why I hadn't gotten any of my other projects finished, or started for that matter.
The only problem with making this quilt was the fact that I fell in LOVE with quilting. This is all that needs to be said for those of you who are into quilting!!!!
4 comments:
Oh, Melinda! It's absolutely beautiful and amazing! Wow! Way to go - what a treasure for your family. I would LOVE to see it. I still need to do the embroidery on mine and I'd love to see how you did it!
We're thrilled to have you back!
Jeannette
This quilt is amazing! You did such a great job and I am sure Nate loves it. I want to see up close too!! You'll have to find a great big wall in your house and display it for all to see!!! And I am giong to need your help when I attempt mine!! Great job!
You did a great job! How in the world did you get all that embroidery on it? What a great memory keepsake! I have actually just started a little quilting but nothing so elaborate - just a baby blanket.
Hi Melinda, your quilt is amazing. What a great way to keep your memories. I'm glad you guys had a good time in Idaho. Do you know where you'll be headed after graduation? We'll keep checking your blog to hear more news on that. We love Oregon and hope you find somewhere you'll love too.
Post a Comment