Saturday, January 24, 2009

Roller Skating

The kids have been roller skating in P.E. class at school during the month of January. They have LOVED every minute of it and have been begging to go skating. We tried to take them on Ethan's birthday, but they weren't open that day.

Luke's friend Gavin invited Luke to go skating with him today and he was kind enough to invite Ethan to come along too. The boys had a BLAST for 3 hours. Gavin's mom has helped out a few times during skating at school and she said that Luke was one of the best skaters in his class and she couldn't believe that he had never skated before. I was kind of worried about the boys being out there with so many big kids (they skated from 7-10 p.m.) but they did GREAT.

Luke was the smallest and probably the youngest one out there, but he is a GREAT skater
. It was so fun to see them out there doing BIG KID things and I'm glad we were able to go do something that they have been wanting to do for weeks now.

We had tons of fun and we will DEFINITELY have to take them back another time soon.

Sorry about the blurry picture. This was the best one of Luke and Gavin. They LOVE to be silly together and this one captured their silly faces the best.
And here is Ethan with them.
I always feel bad when Ethan's friends ask him to do something or Luke's friends ask him to do something and the other one doesn't get to go. Up until now, they have basically had the same friends and whatever one does, the other does too. I guess now that they are both in school and are starting to have different friends, I need to get used to this happening. They are just so used to doing everything together, it is hard for one to see the other get to do something fun. So, I'm Ethan got to tag along this time.


No comments: