Monday, January 5, 2009

Ethan is such a good big brother

I snapped this picture of Ethan today and just wanted to write a little bit about him and how great of a big brother he is.

The boys don't start back to school until Thursday so they have been home a few more days.

Linz has been doing this thing where she'll sleep in her bed for an hour or so and then wake up from her nap. She is cranky and just wants to cuddle and usually falls back asleep if I hold her for a few minutes. Well, since Ethan was home today and he was doing some reading, I had him hold Linz while he read his book. Is this not the sweetest picture?!?!?!?

Ethan really is growing to be a great big brother. He certainly does his fair share of teasing and bothering his siblings, don't get me wrong. But truly he loves them and is SO good about doing (almost) everything I ask him to do. I have tried to start asking Luke and now Linz to do more, but inevitably Ethan is the one I still rely on the most to do things for me. He never complains and is such a good helper for me. (One reason it is sad to have him gone ALL day at school this year.)

Ethan is always good about helping Linz go to the bathroom or get her shoes and coat on. He helps her clean her room and has been really good about playing with her and letting her play with him. I'm so glad he loves his little sister and I hope they are always great friends.

I think I've written about this before, but while I'm on the subject, I should mention it again. Not only is Ethan good to Linz, he has been SO GOOD to Luke this school year. Luke has been doing much better about getting on the bus in the mornings, but everyone once in a while I still have to set him on the bus. Ethan is always right there to sit by Luke (and hold him on the bus while I run off.) There have been numerous times that we have missed the bus and so I have to take the boys to school. Luke usually doesn't want to get out of the car, and Ethan helps Luke get out and literally "prods" Luke all the way up to the school.

I don't know what I would do about Luke without Ethan. He is such a good sport and has been a huge blessing in our family. I hope he doesn't ever resent everything I make him do, but that he will be grateful for the opportunities he's had (by being the oldest) to learn and experience things later in his life.

1 comment:

Becky said...

That is so sweet! I'm sure I could get a picture like that except that Celeste does NOT cuddle.