
I know I am skipping way ahead. I am hoping to get caught up before the little guy actually gets here (today maybe?) But I just wanted to write a few things down before I forget them. I know I am always curious as to how my pregnant friends are doing, so just in case you are wondering how these final days are going; here goes.
This is me at 37 weeks.
For those who don't know I am not the type of pregnant woman who likes to be induced. Ethan came on his own, I was induced with Luke (only so we could move less than a week later and that was only 3 days early) I was set to be induced with Linz and she came the day before.
My doctor has said that he would induce me early as long as my body was ready enough for it. So, he set the date to be induced for Wed, Jan. 28th, TODAY. I was hoping that since Linz came the day before I was to be induced, this little guy would too.
Well, I woke up Tuesday morning at 2:30 a.m. with some pretty good contractions. They were very close together and about 20 seconds or so long. I thought, this is good, today just may be the day (the day before I was scheduled to be induced.) This continued for about 50 minutes. I remember thinking 10 more minutes and I'd get up and start getting things ready to go.
The next thing I know I am waking up and it is 4:30 in the morning. The contractions had stopped and I had gone back to sleep. I was kind of bummed that it wasn't the real thing, however I wasn't quite ready yet to have the baby on Tuesday - too much still to do at home.
I spent all day Tuesday getting stuff ready so that if I went into real labor early Wed. morning, I would be ready for the babe to come. I had a doctor's appointment Tuesday afternoon. I thought for sure I would be at least at 2 cm now (I was at 1 cm 4 days ago.) Doc said the contractions didn't really do a thing, I hadn't dialated any more since the Fri. before. I still had the induction scheduled for the next morning, (this morning at 5:30 a.m.) I told him that I still didn't want to be induced yet and we canceled that induction. (I could have had a new baby boy RIGHT NOW had I been induced, yikes!!!)
I didn't sleep really well last night, not because of the contractions (because there weren't any) but because I kept waking up wondering when the contractions were going to start. I can't say that I even had one contraction last night that was in any way painful. Nor have I had any so far today. I am anxiously waiting for labor to start at any time now. I even tried shoveling the 2 inches of snow we got last night in the driveway, but to no avail.
So, here I sit, still pregnant and waiting. I'm sure my doctor and probably a lot of you think I am crazy and insane for not taking the opportunity to be induced early. I probably am nuts, but something about walking into the hospital at 5 in the morning, getting hooked up and the doctors and medicine doing all the work to get labor going just doesn't appeal to me. I know there are LOTS of women who love to be induced and more power to you, it is just not for me. Now, if I make it to my due date, and especially PAST my due date, I may have a different opinion about being induced. But for now I am waiting and anticipating feeling my body go into labor!!!!
Hopefully tonight will be the night, although I still have 5 days until my official due date. And who knows, maybe my next post will be to announce his arrival (oh yeah, we still need a name for our little guy. Baby brother just doesn't seem to be appropriate - that is what the kids have been calling him.) We are open to suggestions if you have any for us on names........
For those who don't know I am not the type of pregnant woman who likes to be induced. Ethan came on his own, I was induced with Luke (only so we could move less than a week later and that was only 3 days early) I was set to be induced with Linz and she came the day before.
My doctor has said that he would induce me early as long as my body was ready enough for it. So, he set the date to be induced for Wed, Jan. 28th, TODAY. I was hoping that since Linz came the day before I was to be induced, this little guy would too.
Well, I woke up Tuesday morning at 2:30 a.m. with some pretty good contractions. They were very close together and about 20 seconds or so long. I thought, this is good, today just may be the day (the day before I was scheduled to be induced.) This continued for about 50 minutes. I remember thinking 10 more minutes and I'd get up and start getting things ready to go.
The next thing I know I am waking up and it is 4:30 in the morning. The contractions had stopped and I had gone back to sleep. I was kind of bummed that it wasn't the real thing, however I wasn't quite ready yet to have the baby on Tuesday - too much still to do at home.
I spent all day Tuesday getting stuff ready so that if I went into real labor early Wed. morning, I would be ready for the babe to come. I had a doctor's appointment Tuesday afternoon. I thought for sure I would be at least at 2 cm now (I was at 1 cm 4 days ago.) Doc said the contractions didn't really do a thing, I hadn't dialated any more since the Fri. before. I still had the induction scheduled for the next morning, (this morning at 5:30 a.m.) I told him that I still didn't want to be induced yet and we canceled that induction. (I could have had a new baby boy RIGHT NOW had I been induced, yikes!!!)
I didn't sleep really well last night, not because of the contractions (because there weren't any) but because I kept waking up wondering when the contractions were going to start. I can't say that I even had one contraction last night that was in any way painful. Nor have I had any so far today. I am anxiously waiting for labor to start at any time now. I even tried shoveling the 2 inches of snow we got last night in the driveway, but to no avail.
So, here I sit, still pregnant and waiting. I'm sure my doctor and probably a lot of you think I am crazy and insane for not taking the opportunity to be induced early. I probably am nuts, but something about walking into the hospital at 5 in the morning, getting hooked up and the doctors and medicine doing all the work to get labor going just doesn't appeal to me. I know there are LOTS of women who love to be induced and more power to you, it is just not for me. Now, if I make it to my due date, and especially PAST my due date, I may have a different opinion about being induced. But for now I am waiting and anticipating feeling my body go into labor!!!!
Hopefully tonight will be the night, although I still have 5 days until my official due date. And who knows, maybe my next post will be to announce his arrival (oh yeah, we still need a name for our little guy. Baby brother just doesn't seem to be appropriate - that is what the kids have been calling him.) We are open to suggestions if you have any for us on names........
7 comments:
Good luck Melinda! I think it is great that you know what you want and were willing to cancel the induction. I totally undertsand that! I think the more medical intervention you have, the less intimate the whole experience is. Although, I must say, it is nice to know that we have the technology if we need it!
Good Luck!!! We are excited for you!
I don't think you are crazy. My doctor wanted to induce with Maya (9 days early since he would be leaving on vacation). I said no and she decided to come on that day anyway!
Hope your delivery goes smoothly.
As far as a name goes, well, you already used the best name for your daughter, your husband has the same name as mine...so, I guess you could use one of my brother's names!
Good luck! I totally understand about not wanting to be induced! I had to with my first becasue of toxemia, not my favorite! I was going to be induced with my second, (she was a week over due) but when I got to the hospital they said I was already in labor, so it worked out perfectly!
However that little baby gets there, it will be wonderful! So happy for you and your cute family!
Good job getting almost all caught up on your posts. I'm most impressed since I'm not yet. I guess having a new baby come is good incentive to get things done before the baby comes. Good Luck, hopefully he'll come before his due date.
Oh, and good thing you are getting caught up so we can see pictures of the new babe when he gets here. I can't wait.
just wondering if he the little guy is here yet!? Anyhow, you make an awfully cute pregnant woman! I am just impressed you are willing to pose for a picture. I try to avoid cameras at all costs and I'm not even expecting!
Post a Comment