Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ethan's 7th Birthday Party

Since we had Ethan's birthday in Idaho with family last year, this was his year to have a friends' birthday party. I let him choose the theme and he wanted a Sports Birthday Party. So, this is what we came up with.

This was his invitation - the front
and the back.
We decorated with a sports theme, so naturally Brutus had to be there to welcome all the guests to the party.

Here are my three buddies "sporting" their attire.








The Chief decorator getting the ball balloons ready.

Here are the finished ball balloons. I thought they were a fun idea and Nate did a great job making them. He thought it was cheesy. Several people have told me that their boys have loved these balloons. We had footballs, baseballs and basketballs.
Lunch ready to be served. We had stadium food of hot dogs, pop, chips, football and basketball jigglers, apples and carrots.
Here is the gang eating and getting ready for some fun.
These are the party favor bags all lined up and ready to be taken home. Just some fun sports stuff inside, stickers, candy, a ball whistle and a REAL baseball signed by the MVP of the day, Ethan.
Nate started off the party with a game of sports charades. The kids had to act out a sport for everyone else to guess.
Nate does such a great job of entertaining the kids and most of these game ideas were his. Here are the kids defending the "castle" they built while the other team tries to shoot it down with their nerf guns.

Then we played dodgeball, all the boys against Nate.

We also had bean bag catch - to see who could rack up the most catches in a row. It's too bad Ethan's birthday is in January, with a sports theme, we could have really had fun outside. I don't think the kids minded at all though, I really think they had a lot of fun.
The kids had had 2 snow days from school the 2 days right before the party, so we had 10 VERY active boys at the party. I think they were all excited to get out of the house and do something fun. Here they are doing the long jump. We got a little crazy with the long jumping. No one got hurt, I promise!!!
Here is Ethan with his cake(s.) I made 2 just in case. I wasn't sure how many kids just one would feed. We ended up only eating part of one cake. It worked out just fine because then we got to use the other cake on his "real" birthday 2 days later.

Blowing out the candles...I wonder what he wished for? I think I have a guess, you'll see later.
If I had to guess what he wished for it would be this right here. He got three webkinz for his birthday and he was in HEAVEN with them!!!!
We played "musical chairs" to open his gifts. We passed a ball around the circle and when the music stopped, the person holding the ball got to give Ethan their present.

Here is Ethan with his gifts from the party. He got lots of FUN stuff, including some money that he is anxiously wanting to buy ANOTHER webkinz with.











Here is a picture of all the kids at Ethan's party.
Collin, Alack, Isaac, Dallas, Chris
Luke, Ethan, Michael, Owen, Jameson
They are a great group of kids and we had a lot of fun with them for the afternoon.
We had all the kids sign their names on a ball when they got to the party. Ethan got to keep that ball as a souvenir from his 7th birthday party.
It was a great fun day!!!! My wonderful mother came up to help us the day of the party. I don't know how we have ever done parties without her before. She was such a HUGE help!!!! It was so amazing to have that one extra set of hands around. She cleaned up from lunch while we played games and then cleaned up the cake and ice cream while we did presents. She really saved me a lot of work.
--------
Then, when we went to exchange a webkinz, she had the whole house looking better than it did before the party started. It is SO wonderful to live close to my mom and have her be willing and able to help us out and celebrate our special days with us!!!! Thanks mom.
--------
These are the Thank Yous that we gave to each of the kids. I took their picture when they first got to the party and then Ethan wrote them each a note saying thanks for the gifts. It is also a fun way to have a nice picture of each of the kids that were at the party.


As if Ethan didn't get enough presents from his birthday party, my mom spoiled him with more presents that night, before she left to go back home (one of the benefits of living so close to grandma - a day trip is do-able.)

He LOVES this guitar and now wants to take guitar lessons.
Here is Ethan's wish come true, a huge pile of webkinz. Ok, well 2 of them are Luke's - but their webkinz had a fun get together after the party was over.