Saturday, June 20, 2009

Six Flags

I am skipping WAY ahead in my blogging order, but I just had to post this while it is still fresh in my mind. NOT to mention Luke, Linz and Emmett are sleeping and Ethan is engrossed in his book. I have 2 loads of laundry going as well - so I have a few minutes to do some pictures quickly.

And well I STARTED the post while I had 3 kids sleeping the day after our trip but I am just NOW getting it up.

The boys had an opportunity to earn free tickets to Six Flags at school by reading for 6 hours. They both did this and got their free tickets. So, we decided to make it a family trip - We went yesterday (Tuesday.) Nate took the day off and my dad went with us as well.

The weather was not looking good for our Tuesday trip. Monday called for rain ALL day as well as Tuesday. As it got closer to Tues. I was getting worried. The weather still said rain - BUT Nate already had the day off, so we headed out and HOPED for the best!!!

It POURED the entire way there!!! The rain stopped about 5 minutes before we got to the park and we didn't see a drop the rest of the day.

AND this is how our day was:
  • PERFECT weather
  • PERFECT crowds
  • PERFECT kids
  • PERFECT fun
  • PERFECT timing
  • PERFECT parking

Can you tell we had a good day?????


Things I will remember about the day/Things I LOVED:
  • LOVED to see my kids play and work together (deciding which ride to go on next - Ethan played with Linz in the water and helped her. Luke took Linz on a few rides and also played in the water with her)

    This was Luke's favorite ride along with the airplane ride. We also got to ride this ride multiple times in a row and several times throughout the day. Let me just say that weight plays a HUGE factor on this ride. The time we rode this with a larger "size" family we got WAY wetter than any other time.

    I just had to include this picture - for memory sake. Nate was standing on the bridge taking some pictures of us and he told the boys to look and smile (the first picture is what he got) THEN I said OK I get to eat your treat and IMMEDIATELY they changed to the 2nd picture. The other riders got a HUGE kick out of this and they got to see what well behaved kids I have - with the right incentive anyway...
  • LOVED that my dad got to come with us
  • LOVED to walk one on one with them and hold their hands
  • LOVED to ride with each of them alone at least once
  • LOVED to see them ride w/grandpa and hold his hands
  • LOVED how brave they were in trying new and sometimes scary rides
  • LOVED how Emmett was a perfect little angel the entire day (I TRULY have been blessed with a WONDERFUL baby!!!)
  • LOVED how all the kids walked almost the entire day (even as we were leaving the park all three of the big kids walked to the van - I thought for sure Linz would konk out in the afternoon and take a short nap - but she didn't and she walked all day long!!!)
  • LOVED that our kids are OK with sharing the treats we got and don't demand to have their own (we got a strawberry lemonade slushy and some cotton candy)
  • LOVED that the kids didn't cry or fuss too much when we didn't play any of the carnival games or buy them the capes and swords that they saw everyone have
  • LOVED that the boys were SO proud that they had earned their own tickets to get in
  • LOVED that Ethan was so adventurous and brave to ride the big roller coasters (there were only 3 rides in the whole park he couldn't ride. Each kid was barely tall enough for 3 of the cut offs. You had to be 54" to ride anything - 48" was the next cutoff and Ethan is 48 1/2" - 42" was the next cutoff and Luke is 43" - 36" is the last cutoff and Linz is 36 1/2".)

    This was my, Nate and Ethan's favorite ride - Evil Knievel - a WAY fun roller coaster. The lines were so short we got to ride this roller coaster 4 times in a row without even getting out of our seats - and this was at about 4 p.m.
  • LOVED that we stayed together as a family almost the entire day. It was SO fun to be together to laugh and play and share some great memories. Carousel - not the most exciting ride but going on it as a family was fun AND you gotta ride it at least once...

This trip was definitely worth every penny we spent on it AND I'd do it again in a heartbeat. The kids have already been asking when we get to go again. Nate did point out however that were we to go again so soon, I'd probably be sorely disappointed because there is NO way we'd have the same luck with our day in the park as we did this time. We'll wait a while and see if we can tempt fate once again.

I really think the rain scared many people off - it was supposed to start raining again around 5 p.m. Was GREAT for us though and this trip will for sure go down as a HUGE SUCCESS for our family. Now if only every vacation to come will go this smoothly and wonderfully.........

3 comments:

cindave said...

we live less than a mile from lagoon and have season passes. we have so much fun with it. glad you had a good time!

Kirsten said...

Wow!!! I am so glad you guys had such a fun day!!! That is awesome and such good luck. You guys are amazing to take four kids to an amusement park too!! All your pictures looked so fun and I am happy your day turned out so positive. I can't wait to see you guys!!

Jennifer Kendall said...

How fun... and BRAVE to take all your kids!! I love reading about your adventures.