Friday, June 19, 2009

My Little TC

Nate dubbed Ethan TC because he helped Nate clean the church a few times. Nate "let" Ethan clean the toilets and has ever since been called TC (toilet cleaner.)

So, last night after a FULL day of fun, baseball practice for 2 hours in the morning, water fun in the afternoon and 2 baseball games in the evening I was finally getting the kids to bed at 9 p.m. They asked if they could stay up and I explained how I have a million things to do and I've got to get the housed cleaned before my sister comes this weekend.

Ethan (REALLY wanting to stay up later) said that they could help me clean. After their begging and pleading I said, "OK but you have once change, any messing around and it is straight to bed."

They cleaned their room, the front room (neither of which were too bad) then we headed to the DREADFUL basement. We spent a good 45 minutes with all 2.5 (Luke and Linz together equal the .5) cleaning straight.

Once that was done we came upstairs to go to bed and Ethan was ready to do the bathrooms!!!! I wish I had had more energy last night to do it with him, but I WAS TIRED. I made them go to bed at 10 p.m. - then I headed to bed myself.

VERY first thing before I was even out of bed - Ethan comes in and says he is ready to clean the bathrooms. He was still in his pjs, we hadn't eaten breakfast yet, but there we were scrubbing away at the bathroom. He did a GREAT job - I even had him scrub their bathtub.

What a little trooper and SUCH a big helper. He has given me the drive to be able to continue to clean and organize things now for the rest of the day!!!! AND the best part is now I KNOW he can clean the entire bathroom ALL by himself (he's helped with parts many times before but never the whole thing) I NEED to make him do it much more often!!!

So it is now 9 a.m. - 1 out of 3 bathrooms are clean and I am ready to tackle the rest of the house!!!!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Awesome helper. I can't wait until Jadyn is old enough to clean the entire bathroom. Right now, she can handle the toliet bowl brush!