Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ethan lost a TOOTH!!!

Ethan's bottom tooth was very loose and when he tried to open his water bottle, his tooth just popped right out. He started yelling mom, mom and then showed me his tooth in his hands.


This tooth had been loose for a few weeks and he kept wiggling and trying to get it out. Nate even flicked it a few times, but it was a tough little guy. Ethan wouldn't let us tie a string around his tooth and pull it out and finally it came out by itself.

My dad was here tonight watching the kids for us. He even put them to bed and had Ethan put his tooth under his pillow. My dad reminded me that Ethan was ready for the tooth fairy to come when we got home tonight and me, the inexperienced one that I am forgot to trade in his tooth.

Ethan came into our room at about 5:30 a.m. and was very concerned that the tooth fairy hadn't come to take his tooth yet. I couldn't believe I had forgotten!!!! I told him to go back to bed and that I'm sure the tooth fairy was just busy but that she'd come. I knew he wouldn't fall back asleep and I was right. I laid awake in my bed for about 20 minutes and then tried to sneak into his room to grab his tooth. As I had guessed, he was still awake. I snuck into his room and did my best to get his tooth without him knowing. I thought I had done a fairly good job until he told Nate the next morning that he saw me down by Luke's bed (Ethan sleeps on the top bunk.) He wanted to know what I was doing by Luke.

I guess we can't always do everything right; I will be better next time though. His other bottom tooth is loose so it will only be a matter of time until I get another shot at this new game for us.

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

LOL!!!! That is so funny!!! Congrats Ethan for loosing a tooth!!! And Melinda, don't be too hard on yourself!! You'll be a pro toothfairy by the time baby boy 3 comes along!! ;-)

Ammon and I still haven't come to a conclusion on what the "Toothfairy" will bring! ;-) Luckily Ethan's teeth aren't loose at all (a true disappointment for him!) I fear when he does lose a tooth, it will be when they are all ready to come out at once!

Jennifer Kendall said...

I am thankful to have a dentist for a hubby... I forget every time (3 teeth) that Gloria loses a tooth, but since teeth are all that my hubby focus's on, well- he won't forget!!
Your kids are so stinking cute. I love the pictures at the park. Lindsey's hair is getting so long!! Darling kids.

Bowen Family said...

Our tooth fairy often forgets as well and she's pretty good about just coming the next night! She must just get behind like the rest of us!

Sonja said...

Steven has had 5 encounters with the tooth fairy so far. He seems to think it is his ticket to wealth. He seems to think that because the kid in his class got $10 for his, he ought to as well. Apparently a poorer toothfairy is assigned to our house.