I just LOVE volunteering in the kids' classrooms. I would go in every week if I could and help out. I got the wonderful opportunity to accompany Ethan's class on their fall fieldtrip to the pumpkin patch. Luke's field trip was the very next week and he was very sad that I didn't go with him. But, I am helping with his Halloween party so maybe that will make up for it!!
Here are the five adorable kids that were in my group.
Kylee, Julie, Ethan, Michael, James
I can't believe this happens so early, but this is Ethan's "girlfriend." It is SO much more her than him. But, wow she just can't get enough of him (and I can't blame her, he is pretty cute.) I do have to admit she is a cutie, so at least Ethan has good taste. But, she just follows Ethan everywhere. Sat behind him on the bus, walks next to him whenever she can and is quite touchy feely with him. Giving him hugs and sitting close to him. Ethan claims she is why he has grass stains on his pants everyday - she chases him at recess and he "falls" a lot.
Ethan's whole 1st Grade class - and no I can't name them all yet.
Here is me with my group after we picked out our pumpkins. They let the adults pick the large pumpkins, but I almost wish I had gotten a small one, I had enough weight to lug around.
Ethan visiting the petting zoo

This is what I want in my backyard instead of a sand box. The kids LOVED it and it wouldn't make near the mess that sand does.
I even got to take my sack lunch and eat it in the grass with the kids.
This is Michael, Ethan's best friend in his class. It was so the other day. He was talking about his best friends and he said, "Michael is my best friend, and Ethan Rasmussen used to be my best friend in Ohio." I guess that happens in childhood, best friends change over the years. It's hard for a 6 year to keep a best friend when they are 2 states away. We miss Ethan Rasmussen and his family (and Ohio!!!)
I do have to admit that I am very happy with Ethan's choice of friends. Michael is a good kid. We have had him over to our house to play once. I hope Ethan can always be this good with choosing his friends over the years.
However, Michael has somewhat dimished Ethan's love of High School Musical. I was just waiting for it to happen, but apparently Michael has informed Ethan that liking High School Musical isn't cool. Ethan still loves it, of course, but he just doesn't talk about it or obsess about it like he used to.
I even got to take my sack lunch and eat it in the grass with the kids.
This is Michael, Ethan's best friend in his class. It was so the other day. He was talking about his best friends and he said, "Michael is my best friend, and Ethan Rasmussen used to be my best friend in Ohio." I guess that happens in childhood, best friends change over the years. It's hard for a 6 year to keep a best friend when they are 2 states away. We miss Ethan Rasmussen and his family (and Ohio!!!)I do have to admit that I am very happy with Ethan's choice of friends. Michael is a good kid. We have had him over to our house to play once. I hope Ethan can always be this good with choosing his friends over the years.
However, Michael has somewhat dimished Ethan's love of High School Musical. I was just waiting for it to happen, but apparently Michael has informed Ethan that liking High School Musical isn't cool. Ethan still loves it, of course, but he just doesn't talk about it or obsess about it like he used to.

1 comment:
Melinda - It sounds like we are both feeling very pregnant. Congratulations on your new arrival. I am due in January, so I will be just ahead of you I guess. I love reading your blog! Wish I could take such beautiful pictures. Your kids look adorable, and I can't believe Ethan's social life is so complicated these days! Wow!
Love,
Maren
Post a Comment