We decorated cookies AND carved pumpkins for FHE tonight. IT was a wild, crazy night but SO Much fun.
DECORATING COOKIES


Linz is SUCH A GIRL. She spilled sprinkles on the table and would not look up to let me get a picture until she had cleaned up the mess. The first picture is her sliding the sprinkles into her hand; what a cutie!!!
Before we could carve our pumpkins, the boys had to design their pumpkin faces. This is what
Luke wasn't very interested in carving his pumpkin after he designed the face. He had just done (the last Friday) some pumpkin science in his class at school where they carved a pumpkin (which I was lucky enough to be able to help with.) So, I think he had gotten his fill of carving in for the year.
But, Linz and Ethan had fun digging and scooping. She was not afraid to get her hands dirty.
Ethan did a great job too, he pulled up his sleeves and went to work.
Even Nate got in on the action. Here he is carving Linz' pumpkin for her.
Luke and Linz had to take a break from carving to practice their ballet moves. Not too bad... (in the background you can see our next project going on. We have one wall painted in our family room, yeah!!!!!)

Showing off the finished products. Ethan actually carved a lot of his. He was very careful and did a great job.

Here is our family of pumpkins. The first one is the pumpkin Luke helped carve at school, then my haunted house, next Nate's pumpkin that he is saving for the seeds, Ethan's and Linz'. Aren't we a cute family of pumpkins?!?!?!?!
Things I learned from tonight:
Linz isn't afraid of slimy pumpkin guts
Luke has less of an attention span than Linz (sometimes)
I guess I need to sign Luke up for ballet
I have cute, fun, wonderful kids!!!

Showing off the finished products. Ethan actually carved a lot of his. He was very careful and did a great job.

Here is our family of pumpkins. The first one is the pumpkin Luke helped carve at school, then my haunted house, next Nate's pumpkin that he is saving for the seeds, Ethan's and Linz'. Aren't we a cute family of pumpkins?!?!?!?!

Things I learned from tonight:
- my kids aren't huge sugar cookie fans. They had fun decorating them, but they weren't as excited about eating them. So, we'll have to be better about delivering them to neighbors next time.





1 comment:
It's fun to see how your family is doing. I'm glad things are working out for you guys--know that we sure miss you.
Post a Comment