Saturday, November 1, 2008

A First For Me.....

OK, so I know this is a little out of order but I just got home and I had to write a quick something. I promise I will still catch up soon, but this is about today, RIGHT NOW.

SO, I JUST got back from the Midnight showing of TWILIGHT!!!!!!!!!! I went with a friend in my ward. I have never gone to any midnight showings or parties for any book/movie before. And I have to admit (for those of you who know my movie watching habits) I was a little worried about staying awake during the movie, especially being pregnant. I can fall asleep during ANY movie out there. I took a short nap before leaving for the movie and I didn't even get a hint of being tired!!!

Now about the movie....if you haven't seen it yet (which most of you are most likely more sane than I am) you HAVE to go see it!!!! I have to admit I was a little skeptical about how the movie would turn out. There is SO much in her books I couldn't possible fathom having it all fit in a 2 hour movie.

I was DEFINITELY pleasantly surprised. The movie was REALLY GOOD!! I just loved it...and the whole time I was watching the movie I was thinking about how much I want to go home and read the book again. Stephenie does such an amazing job of transporting you into the story and I felt that same way during the movie. I just loved the movie, the whole experience of seeing it AND I wasn't even the only old pregnant lady there!!!

So, for any of you who a) haven't seen the movie yet - GO SEE IT or b)haven't read the book yet (I can't hardly believe you people exist anymore) GO SEE THE MOVIE (and read the book!!!!)

Thanks for listening to my excitement and ramblings; and it feels good to blog about something that is up to date and current in my life!!!!

4 comments:

Jennett said...

I am jealous...but thought I better make Dave go with me to the movie or else he will never watch it or read it. But my goodness some Mormons really know how to rack in the dough with a top selling book and now a box office hit as is predicted...I want to join in the fun too!

Buckeye Bergs said...

I remember sitting at card group, you and Kiersten told me that I had to start reading this book Twilight. I was really skeptical at first, but I have finished them all. I'll have to go see it.

Malinovka said...

How fun!! Way to go, Melinda!! I'm so jealous. I hope I don't have to wait too long to see it. Eric just started his PhD candidacy exams, so it may be a little while. :) I'm glad I found your blog through Lisa. I'm glad you guys are doing well, and congrats on #4!!

Robyn T

Maren said...

I am planning to go see it on on Tuesday. Thanks for the post because I am so curious what real people are thinking about the movie. It got really bad reviews in our local newspaper, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I can't wait to go to a movie - out of the house without my 2 year old is a rare treat. My mom and I are going together. Since I read all the books I am excited, but now reading that you liked it, I am even more excited!
I completely understand about the falling asleep thing - I can't seem to keep my eyes open after 8:00 PM - 8 months pregnant makes me a very sleepy girl. I can't imagine a midnight showing. We'll be doing the afternoon matinee, and Mike has the day off with Ace.