Monday, May 12, 2008

Soccer and Mother's Day

We had a full and fun weekend. I hope you all had a GREAT Mother's Day!!! I certainly did. Nate made me breakfast in the morning and it was wonderful!! Nate wanted to do something for me for Mother's Day that was from the kids (since I am their mother, not his.) So, he and Ethan came up with some questions and printed them out. Nate took the boys one at a time in the basement to "interview" them. Here are the questions he asked and their answers. It was a great idea and I will cherish these interviews forever. Here is what I found out about my children and what they think of me:

Q: What is your funniest memory of Mom?
e: When she shakes her booty
l: when she shakes her booty at us
(Now let me explain here...Nate began to wonder after this question if he really knew me and what I did with my children all day. The ONLY reason they both said this was because this incident they are both referring to JUST happened on Friday. I was fixing lunch and just got the urge to start dancing. I was facing the counter making sandwiches so my backside was facing the boys and from their point of view I was shaking my booty at them (as they would say.) I really was just dancing, honest.

Q: What has mommy taught you
e: how to read
l: to pause and unpause movies (his movie got interrupted to answer these questions, so movies were on his mind.)

Q: What is your most favorite thing about your mom?
e: when she helps me do piano
l: when she gives us a chart so I can earn a light saber

Q: What is mommy's favorite Star Wars Character?
e: Princess Leia - because that's a girl
l: Princess Leia because she's a girl

Q: In what way are you like your mom?
e: when I work
l:

Q: List as many things as possible that she has done for you.
e: help me clean, buy me toys, lets me watch Star Wars
l: lets us watch a movie, when she lets us play downstairs, lets us bring a toy to church & to pick up Ethan from school

Q: What is Mommy's favorite thing to do?
e: see all of her friends
l: play computer (he caught me, really I'm not playing, it's all work!!!)

Q: What is mommy's favorite color?
e: pink and purple
l: pink

Q: What is your favorite food that mom makes?
e: shells and cheese
l: shells and cheese and pizza

Q: What is your mom's favorite thing to eat?
e: probably biscuits and gravy
l: pizza

Q: What is your favorite way to help mommy?
e: to clean the basement
l: help her with laundry and make lunch

Q: If you could go with Mommy somewhere, where would it be?
e: at Gloria's house
l: to the store & buy some food (I think he misunderstood this question, it's not where you dread going the most with mommy)

Q: What is your mom's favorite treat?
e: brownies
l: chocolate (they both hit it right on the nose with this one!!!)

Q: What is your mom's favorite season?
e: I would guess summer because I guess she would not like spring because of my eyes (he gets allergies pretty bad.)
l: winter, I mean spring because it's warm

Q: What animal does your mom remind you of and why?
e: horse - cause she les us get on her back and she gives us a ride
l: cat - cause I like them

Q: Why does mom remind you of a zebra?
e: cause she lets us ride on her back
l: she doesn't, she reminds me of a cat

Q: Why do you love your Mom? What makes her special?
e: because she lets friends come over. She cooks for us.
l: cause she's nice.

Thank you, sweetie, for making my day extra special and very fun (and entertaining.)






My cousin Rachel came over Sunday for dinner. We made cookies for her birthday (that was on Saturday) and the kids decorated them for her. Notice the HUGE pile of pink sprinkles in front of Linz.


Linz is a sucker for cuddling. She decided Rachel's arms were the best to cuddle in last night and hung out with her for a good hour, cuddling and learning about tatoos. Rachel and her (good example) church friends got some (fake) tatoos on Sunday. Linz saw the butterfly on Rachel's wrist and wanted one. So, there are both of their butterflies.



The boys were really asking for it...I had no choice.


Soccer Fun


Ethan had his last soccer game on Saturday. He did great and had lots of fun and the best part is that he got a soccer trophy. He promptly placed it right next to his t-ball trophy in his room and has been so proud of both of them!!! This is his team.

Ethan with his trophy.

That is Ethan being the goalie. He did great!!!! There he is grabbing
the ball before the other team scored a goal.
Here he is going after the ball. He is the second kid in the white shirt. Number 1 if you
can see the number. We are so proud of how he did and look forward to
many more soccer and other sports games.








2 comments:

DaMomma said...

So cute!!! Those answers were so funny! :)

Kirsten said...

I loved this little interview and their cute, honest responses. I may have to use this for Father's Day! ;-)