Friday, May 15, 2009

10 Mile Hike

So, 2 of my boys just left to go on an overnight, 10 mile backpacking hiking trip. Nate works with the YM in the ward and so he is going on the hike with the boys tonight and tomorrow. He thought it would be fun for our 7 year old son, Ethan, to join him on said hike.

So, they just left with their backpacks (combined weight of 40 pounds.) It is currently POURING down rain with a severe weather warning as well as tornado warnings all through the area. There is a possibility of 1/4 inch sized hail and winds up to 60 mph. OH MY!!!!!!!

One of the guys that is going on the hike is an AVID, DIE HARD hiker/backpacker/camper. I bet he is having a GREAT time with this weather. Nate just called to say, "uh, it looks pretty bad out here, can you check the T.V. to see what they are saying."

Um, and what kind of wife and mother does that make me, letting my husband and 7 year old little boy go out hiking in this kind of weather. I hope the weather gets better for them and that they return safe and sound to me. I'll let you know how it goes and how they survived.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That's incredible that he WANTS to go! What a brave boy! I hope everything went ok!