Friday, October 16, 2009

We ARE alive...

K so wow - I guess I've set a new record of how far behind I can be on updating this thing.

Our lives in recap: boys finished Kindergarten and first grade, we had a great summer, swam in our pool, spent 2 weeks in Utah/Idaho, took a trip to Washington D.C., my sister came to visit from Texas, Em turned 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 months, Luke turned 6, Ethan started 2nd grade, Luke started 1st grade, Linz started preschool, Nate hit the one year mark at work, Nate's parents came out to visit, and a WHOLE lot of things in between that I can't even remember right now.

Hopefully I'll get some pictures to go along with all these events up soon. I have had a hard time motivating myself to post - I am SO behind I don't even know where to start anymore. Hopefully now that I have a written commitment of my intentions to update, you'll see pictures up here soon.

AND - my boys (and husband) just left for an OVERNIGHT, BACKPACKING, 11 MILE HIKE 2 1/2 hours away!!!!!! The high is supposed to be 47 during the day and down to near freezing at night...They are backpacking and not even planning on having a fire to thaw their bodies out with. Now this is my 6 and 7 year old going and enduring this. I would never have agreed if I didn't fully trust my husband. He is SO good with them and I know they are in good hands.

Now hopefully their feet will be just as good and carry them through the 11 miles. Nate has been training with them - we've gone on several LONG walks (3-4 miles) with them carrying some weights in their backpacks. And Nate made them walk for 1/2 a mile on incline 12 on the treadmill the other night. That should be enough training, right????

I will be going crazy not being to text them and find out how things are going. But, with all this free time on my hands tonight, who knows, maybe I'll even be able to get a post or two done and up?????

No comments: