Wednesday, August 27, 2008

IT'S A......

Nate and I (and Linz) went in for my 20 week ultrasound today. The baby looks really heathly and is measuring exactly 20 weeks and 1 day which is exactly what I am according to the due date. It was fun to see the baby moving and see the heartbeat. I thought Linz would like it more, but I guess it doesn't really look much like a baby that she is used to.

Nate took a 1/2 day off from work today and I was happy he was able to be at the appointment with me. It was nice to have him home too when the kids got off the bus. They were excited to see him.

The ultrasound tech had a rubber baby about the size and weight of my baby and Linz held and cuddled that baby. It was fun to see.

When the boys got home from school, I asked them if they wanted a baby brother or a baby sister. They both said they wanted a baby brother and I told them that they were both RIGHT. They will be having a baby brother. Luke got so excited, he started jumping up and down and hugging Ethan. It was cute and they have already talked about what we are going to do with our new baby boy in the family. Now for the fun part, the name....

We are all very excited to welcome a new baby boy into our family in February. We can't wait to meet him and I'm sure Linz will help me with all the other aspects of taking care of a baby.

9 comments:

Kirsten said...

No way!! Congratulations!!!!!! I am so excited for you guys! I can just imagine the boys...I bet they are thrilled! Another one to wrestle with! ;-) And you and Lindsey will just have to keep up those Mommy/Daughter times! Lucky her!! We love you guys! Congrats again!

Katie Busken said...

Congratulations! We love to hear about what's going on with you in your new place. We miss you in our ward!

Bowen Family said...

Congratulations Melinda! What a lucky little guy to be coming to your family!

Lisa said...

Hooray for boys! Congratulations guys!

Glenn and Natalie said...

So happy for you & your sweet family! Congratulations!

Sonja said...

How fun! You and Nate do a great job with boys. It's a shame he won't be able to wear Lindsay's cute clothes, though!

Harada's said...

Looks like you guys are doing great and congrats on the new baby boy! Little linzy is going to be way out numbered =)

Jennifer Kendall said...

Congratulations!! My kids and I are so excited for you. Gloria and Gray are right here and say to say Hi to your boys!!
I love the bus story about Luke... I do the same thing with Grayson every day, and your story comforted me about luke crying ever time. We miss you! -Jennifer

Kristen said...

Congratulations! How fun to have another little angel coming! Good luck as you reach the end of your pregnancy here! (I just saw Nat's comment - I totally forgot that you two knew each other - good old BYU freshman academy or whatever it was called! :)