I can't believe my little guy is 5 years old!!!!
Posing at the park

Luke's Five Year Old Stats:
Height: 41.5 inches Weight: 36.5 lbs
Shows: Now that he is in school he doesn't really watch TV much. He loves to watch the Star Wars movies and High School Musical.
Color: Green
Friends: Ethan, Gavin, Ethan Rasmussen, Treyton and Wade, Steven and Andrew and Gabe and Avery
To Do: Play Legos, play with Star Wars guys, swim, write notes to his mom and make books of animals like he does at school. Luke also loves to skate and ride his bike.
Food: Luke's initial reaction to almost anything I put in front of him is, "I don't like that." Usually we can get him to eat most of his food, but he definitely is a picky one. I have learned that even my Luke is a good eater after eating lunch with him at school and seeing how some of the kids there ate, or don't eat. He loves pizza, hot dogs, shells and cheese and meatballs.
What we love about Luke: Luke is a very sweet, caring and tender boy. He has the cutest smile and I just love to hold him (when he lets me.) Luke loves me to scratch his legs, arms, back and belly at night while he is in bed. Luke is a GREAT big brother to Lindsey and plays really well with her. Luke often thanks me for the food I give him (even when he didn't even eat it.) I love this about Luke and I hope he always says thank you for everything.
What Luke has learned this year: Luke has learned that school isn't so bad, he has gotten SO much better with his writing, especially his numbers. Luke has learned to read and is doing really well with that. Luke is learning how to make friends at school and is learning to ride is new scooter.
Luke, We love you so much. We love you cute smile and your goofy personality. We appreciate your thoughfulness and thankfulness. We love to see how you have learned and grown this past year and we look forward to seeing you be a great big brother in a few months.
For Luke's birthday we thought we'd take him to Chuck E Cheese's this year since we just moved to a new place and don't have many friends yet for a birthday party. Nate isn't a big fan of the pizza at Chuch E Cheese's so he said we had to get pizza elsewhere first and then head there for fun.
So, we got Papa John's and ate it at a park. Apparently we haven't taken the kids to a park for a long time. As soon as they ate a few bites, they were off to the park and we couldn't get them to leave. We even threatened that we wouldn't have time to go to Chuck E Cheese's, but they were just having SO much fun we let them stay and play.
So this year for Luke's birthday we just ate pizza and played at the park. We then went home for cake and ice cream and PRESENTS!!!

Here is our little dare devil. She will jump from anywhere and constantly jumps all day long.
Back at home for cake and ice creamEthan kept tyring to talk Luke into have a High School Musical birthday and Luke would even say that he wanted a High School Musical birthday cake, but I knew that deep down he REALLY wanted a Star Wars cake. Kind of lame this year, but this is what we came up with.
So, I got the BEST trick candles for Luke's cake I have ever seen. I didn't even realize they were trick candles until Luke kept trying and trying and trying to blow them out. They were THE BEST ever. Somehow the words "Magic Candles" right on the package didn't clue me into them being trick candles. I was in a hurry at the store...



So, I got the BEST trick candles for Luke's cake I have ever seen. I didn't even realize they were trick candles until Luke kept trying and trying and trying to blow them out. They were THE BEST ever. Somehow the words "Magic Candles" right on the package didn't clue me into them being trick candles. I was in a hurry at the store...








2 comments:
Happy Birthday Luke! He sounds like awonderful boy--no surprise there, he has a wonerful mother!
By the way, did you take those pictures? They came out AWESOME!
Happy birthday Luke! You are getting so big! I remember when you weren't even two yet! We miss you!!
Melinda-nice job on the pictures! You did a really good job! Fall is coming and so are family pictures and I am getting nervous! Nervous about taking them and nervous about finding someone to do ours! You need to come back so you can do it! Just kidding!! ;-)
Post a Comment