Nate starting the fire with the boys watching intently on.
Linz doing her part to get the fire started.
Enjoying the fire with roasting marshmallows.
Now enjoying the smores. Notice Ethan's smore, only chocolate and a marshmallow. Now that is my kind of smore.
This was probably the kids' favorite thing to do. They LOVED playing with sticks in the fire. They just couldn't get enough. I caught a glimpse of what scout leaders must go through with these young, curious, active boys. This was NOT my favorite thing for the kids to do.
Here are the Robinsons in front of their tent. Mark, Lauren, James, Miriam and Robert.
Here we are all geared up for the cold night. We actually had perfect weather these 2 days. It had been SO hot leading up to our campout, but while we were there, it wasn't too hot, just perfect. I even got cold at night. Nate, Melinda, Ethan, Luke and Linz
This is what Linz and I did when we got home. Actually this is basically what I looked like every minute I was home until I got the miracle drug from the doctor. This is definitely what I felt like during most of our vacationing. I really did do a lot of this once our campout was over until I finally went into the doctor Monday morning to get something to help me out.
I have never taken anything during pregnancy before to help with the symptoms, so this really caught me off guard. I wasn't getting any packing done or even taking care of my kids AT ALL. Nate really took over and did everything. He cooked and cleaned up and put the kids to bed every night. Finally I decided I can't go on like this. There was no way I would be able to help get our family moved by lying on the couch 3/4 of every day. So, off to the doctor I went and life has been SO MUCH BETTER since then. 
I am very glad we went. We had a GREAT time and it was so fun to be with the Robinsons again visiting and playing. Not to mention, the kids were in HEAVEN being able to be outside for 2 days straight and basically get as dirty as they possibly could. I felt ok during the trip as long as I didn't think about it too much and I didn't wait TOO long in between eating.

1 comment:
It looks like you guys had such a fun time together!! It was fun to see both families in front on the tents and you are such a trooper for camping while morning sick!!
Post a Comment